Saturday, July 17, 2010

Women Without Men


Women Without Men (2009)

I don't know how I feel about this one, I guess slightly confused describes it best. This movie focuses on the stories of four women in Iran in 1953. As the shah rises to power, there is unrest in the community and these ladies find their lives changing.

Each is trapped into a life that they don't want, a marriage to a senior soldier, a prostitute and a single woman whose brother is forcing her to get married and her best friend who secretly yearns for her friends betrothed brother.

For me I didn't really follow the stories, although each of the main characters was compelling, they all seemed sad and depressed, and for me that just ended with me feeling down and confused. 2/5

So it was nice to come home and watch Kevin McCloud doing his Grand Tour through Europe on TV. Of course you may know he is my secret boyfriend, in fact so secret that he did not invite me to go travelling with him.

Now that his show has finished, the TV has turned into Channel CSI, woe is me. More model victims and cliched murders, all solved and wrapped up in an hour. Luckily I have a pile of books to read.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

oh no, kevin didn't invite me either! i have to say that i quite enjoy the silliness that is csi miami, because its gorgeous settings and me getting my wish-i-could-pop-over-to-miami-for-the-weekend-fix.

as for the women without men-movie, for a movie to get you just down and confused without being really good and enlightening ah well, life and time is too precious for that.