Friday, July 16, 2010

I Killed My Mother


I Killed My Mother (2009)

Tonight was the start of this years film festival. I'll admit to being a bit wiped out from work and did my usual nod off to sleep a couple of times. Tonight was the first of a collection of movies that will entertain or depress us.

This one was a bit of a strange one. A self indulgent spoilt French boy begins to detest everything about the single mother who raised him. He hates her driving, how she decorates the house, her makeup and clothes and how she eats. So he shouts at her, and demands that she let him move into an apartment. As things begin to fall apart, he begins to reavaluate their relationship.

I don't know, it seemed to try and project this cooler than cool dope smoking, homosexual, 80s hairstyle, arty wine drinking teenager full of poetry and angst. Not the most endearing of main characters and all a bit too cool for school for me. 2/5

No comments: