Friday, July 30, 2010

Dead Like You - Peter James


Dead Like You - Peter James (2010)

Peter James is becoming my favorite thriller/detective writer. Although I was a little unnerved by the topic of rapists and abductions, it was only once I was lhalf of the way though, that I thought I knew which of the three main suspects was the killer.

I applaud the authors ability ability to avoid the noncense that many writers adhere to at the moment, of having their main character, police investigator or coroner, becoming a victim of the murderer, being abducted or captured. Detective Superintendant Roy Grace instead just works on the case, and doesn't get all crazily involved like Kathy Reichs or Patricia Cornwells characters.

This instead is quality writing, with a constant pace, just as good at the end as it was at the beginning. 3/5

No comments: