Friday, June 04, 2010

Intervention - Robin Cook


Intervention - Robin Cook (2010)

So I was in the warehouse, and was tempted by this book in the bargain bin. I could have given in and spent the $12, but the guilts got the better of me. I walked away - I did. Instead I rushed home and booked it in at the library, and had it in my hands within two days. I won't promise to buy no books this year, but I am trying to restrict it to only a couple.

So, Robin Cook writes pretty standard medical thrillers and this one didn't really surprise me with plot twists, although it did dart of in tangents and explore a few modern issues. I found all the digging around in the Vatican without being caught a bit silly and surprising, and I enjoyed the exploration of alternative medicine. I don't believe in chiropractor's and homeopathy, but I have had acupuncture on my back that worked well. It think the majority of it is placebo medicine, but if it makes you happy, go for it.

A 3/5 for this one. I am now on to my big challenge of reading Wolf Hall which is a bit daunting, luckily it is a three day weekend here.

1 comment:

Annie Bear said...

My mom loves Robin Cook. I'm just so-so about him. I'll give this one a try. Looks interesting. Oh, I admire your restraint in not buying it!