Monday, June 07, 2010

Hermit

Dear pretty bedrooms found in blogland (sorry we don't know who took these lovely shots).


Our bedroom may not be quite as pretty and calm, but we got some relaxation in it nevertheless this weekend. I have made it 300 pages through Wolf Hall, and will have it back in the library by its due date. I don't know that I'm liking it, and am thinking I should give up, but 300 is an investment of time.


So Pops and I will snuggle down between the covers. It's cool and blustery here and tv sucks. I mean really really sucks.

So I shall become a literary hermit for the winter. Not such a bad choice I think.


Oh and besides the tv being a suckfest of programming, it is sooooo hard to find interior furnishings here in NZ. We seem to be stuck in a plethora of faux silk slippery hideous duvet covers, or ones covered in playboy logos or furnishings that have been in the shops since 1982. I don't think the buyers for shops have read a design blog or magazine for twenty years. I sooooo would love their job.

2 comments:

Angel Simba said...

If it is any consolation, what we find in the shops in the US is not what you see in the magazines. And then when you do buy something, it is frequently skimpy in size. And don't get me started on how bad the clothing is here.

Pam, Simba's Mom

Purrfect Haven said...

dreamland... why leave the bedroom? Love Darcy and Bingley and Helen xx