Saturday, June 19, 2010

Genova


Genova (2008)

2008 - this movie is old, but has only been released at the arthouse cinemas this year. I had a nice lunch at a friends six year old birthday party, and once all the lego was cleared away and the dishes done, I was able to meet a good friend for Saturday treats.

On Saturday, we often head to Sweet Mothers Kitchen, here in Wellington for their fantastic curly fries, a real coke and for me a chicken burrito. How exciting is my weekend!!! Well it gets better, as Whitcoulls had half price off all fiction books, so I bought three huge ones to add to my pile, and had a decedent caramel ice cream from the gelato shop. Then to make it more thrilling, I went to the supermarket for more bread and fruit juice, so I can have a nice lazy Sunday brekkie.

So back to the movie, - tragic car accident, mother dies, girls grieve, dad decides to take them to Italy, little girl cries a lot, big girl rebels a lot, old girlfriend pines a lot, new young student flicks hair a lot, Colin Firth begins to relax, also takes shirt off, everyone sweats, lots of walks through little streets, only ever eat past, girl walks home, mother seems to pop up a lot and cars have a fender bender (I hope I haven't given the story away).

Oh, and the man behind us - please buy some tissues, vicks nasal sniffer stuff and breathe through your nose. We know you have a cold, you breathed like you were on a respirator, and we thought it painful to sit in front of you for a long movie.

So the movie, it was a bit slow and predictable so 2/5, we only saw you because Grand Designs was a repeat tonight.

No comments: