Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Books


Don't you love all the letters in this dining room? Hmmmm I like this idea. I think this picture came from Design Sponge, and I've saved it in my faves file.

Claire, you asked if I had read Magpie Hall by Rachel King. In fact I bought the book on TradeMe about 6 months ago, but have not read it yet. I am afraid that I seldom read New Zealand books, as I have been disapointed by so many. I was hoping that you were going to tell me how good it was and recommend it.

Several years ago I decided that I would not continue with books I was bored with or not enjoying. I now seldom persist if I know we are not a good fit, in fact I disgarded Frances Mayes last book, as 5 pages in I was losing interest. Life is too short, and there are so many good books out there.

The book I am reading at the moment is The Long Song by Andrea Levy.

No comments: