Saturday, June 26, 2010

Anything For Her


Anything for Her (2008)

I guess this one came out in 2008, was shown at the 2009 film fest, and now is on slow rotation at the cinema. It was a wild and woolly afternoon, and the best thing was to be bundled up warm at the movies. My friends asked me what it was about, and I said I thought there was a murder, a breakout, a gun, a man looking stern and his wife in a trench coat.

That description was pretty true, this little French action film bounced around quite quickly showing us how a woman ends up in prison for a murder she says she didn't commit, and how much her husband loves her, and tries to get her free.

4/5 for this one, as the action/thriller genre that Hollywood has forgotten how to do. I think American movies have got so involved in showing the 15 minute car chase smash a 100 cars up, and a shoot fest with 20 bad boys dying to appeal to the twenty year old audience, that they have forgotten about the story.

This movie is action with a story, and a genuine believable love story. The tension builds and although you can guess what is going to happen, you are never quite sure. So good, that I almost forgot about the subtitles and believed I could understand all the French.

No comments: