Thursday, May 20, 2010

Angelology - Danielle Trussoni


Angelology - Danielle Trussoni (2010)

It seems you have to be in the love it or hate it camp for this book. I flicked in to Amazon to see what year it was published, and the three reviewers were rather scathing and gave it a 1/5. Me - well I really enjoyed it, and feel it is definitely worth a 5/5. It has been a long time since I have been pleased to curl up in bed and read my book and carried it around in my bag in case I can steal 5 minutes to read it.

Evangaline is a nun who finds some letters between the late Mother superior of the convent and Abigail Rockerfeller, and they confirm the presence of angels in the world. But of course, someone else wants to find out the secrets of the Saint Rose Convent.

Weaving stories of the Nephilim, who are the children of angels and women, they are both on the hunt for mythological artefact's that have been hidden for thousands of years.

Certainly a tale in the similar vein of Dan Brown, I found the weaving of a modern thriller with the ancient tales and theological ideas interesting and it is a book that I will think about for some time.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

it sounds like a fascinating story! but as you say it sounds similar to dan brown, a writer i loath due to his crappy and silly writing (which is such a pity since the stories could be good if the writing matched) so if this is anything like it it's not for me. maybe i can just flip through it quickly and see what i think, hm...