Sunday, April 11, 2010

Skeleton Justice - Dr Michael Baden Linda Kenney Baden



Skeleton Justice - Dr Michael Baden & Linda Kenney Baden (2009)

I guess these two are well qualified to write in this thriller genre. He is forensic expert and she is a trial attorney. In this novel, their characters have similar professions, and their dog has the same name too.

I don't know if I am just a bit jaded by all the forensic thrillers out there, or there is lack of an original story to tell. The plot in this one was a bit twisted, but by half way there you could connect the dots. It was hard to believe that the two central characters spent half their day racing around New York, trying to solve this one case, and for me I hate the ending where one of the characters encounters the bad guy and becomes a victim. You know, the way every Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs novel seems to end that way now days.

3/5 - it was ok, but nothing new.

No comments: