Monday, April 05, 2010

Martian Child


Martian Child - DVD (2007)

Ok, so the John Cusack film festival started off badly. I didn't get to watch Say Anything as it was scratched so badly, I am sure they had chopped their vegetables on the dvd.

This movie, well really only worth a 2/5. Widowed author, who was a weird child himself, decides to adopt the unusual boy Dennis, who thinks he is from Mars. Trouble insues as they adjust to each other, but in the end love wins out. And that, is the whole plot, right there.

John Cusack, well he just always seems to play himself, which somehow works out. I was just wondering though how an author gets such an awesome home. It didn't really seem to be a place he would buy, somehow I felt the decor and the design just didn't fit with a nerdy author, maybe all the nerds I know live in a bit more clutter and chaos.

Still this beats Adam Sandler on the box again - grrrrrrr!!

No comments: