Monday, April 05, 2010

The Devil's Whore - DVD


The Devil's Whore - DVD (2008)

Set in the time of the English Civil War, this is the story of Angelica Fanshaw whose life is filled with scandal, love and loss. I like me a bit of costume drama, and liked that this one was not too overdone and sumptious. People looked like they didn't have irons and hair straightners.

I enjoyed this historical story set in a time period that I am a bit ignorant about, and therefore even the boring political scenes were justified for explaining to me what was going on between King Charles 1 and Oliver Cromwell.

I saw a quick review on Gooogle, that mentioned that the series was filmed in South Africa, which explains some of the scenery being a bit too dry and dusty for England.

A 3/5. Hardly cheery Easter viewing, but as television was serving up 10 year old repeats, it was good to sit on the couch and watch dvds.