Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Ugly Truth - Dvd


The Ugly Truth - Dvd (2009)

Well I will start off by saying this one deserved a horrid 0/5. Only in planet hollywood would they write the well worn tale of the bloke who sweeps in, to save the dowdy tv producer, convince her to fall in love with the handsome neighbour, only to fall in love with her yourself. Oh wait, you haven't seen Roxanne?

How on earth does anyone believe that beautiful Katherine Heigl would have any trouble getting a date? Just because she keeps her buttons done up on her shirt and her hair tidy in a ponytail - oh my gosh look how plain she looks (give me a break). Lets pull out her boobs and farrah up her hair - oh my gosh she's gorgeous now!!

Rubbish script, that seems to have been doctored to try and be edgy by throwing in some swearwords, oh how I cringed. The green screen balloon scene at the end, horrid. The ever changing farrahdo that was different in some shots in the same scene - terribly done. The cheesy tv show that they worked on - embarassing. Honestly it was like they'd pulled plot ideas out of a hat and let my 85 year old aunt and 11 year old nephew work on the script (except he'd have put in more fart jokes, and she might actually have made it funnier).

Really, I feel like I have wasted an hour and a half of my life on this one and even Gerard Butler couldn't save me.

No comments: