Sunday, March 14, 2010

Have a Little Faith - Mitch Albom


Have a Little Faith - Mitch Albom (2009)
Faith is a funny thing. Some people are so sure of what they believe in, and many of them shout it from rooftops, try to convert people and start and end wars all in the name of it. Others ponder, they question, they drift.
In this book Mitch Albom is asked by his family Rabbi to deliver his eulogy, 8 years before he eventually dies. Seeking to understand more about this man who has asks, he tries to find out more about his life. During this search, he also meets Henry, who with no money tries to help the down and out and homeless at his own church.
Interesting enough, and luckily brief as I found this a bit twee. I felt like Mitch Albom was sitting behind me and shouting out how clever he was. How he got to go on Oprah, and that by writing about faith, and heaven and dying in his books, he was smart, full of wisdom.
Somehow, I guess I'm not convinced. I found it all a bit smug. So a 2/5.

No comments: