Friday, February 12, 2010

Truly Madly Deeply


Truly Madly Deeply - Dvd (1991)

Just a couple of points :
  1. Alan Rickman - you could read the phone book and win a Bafta. There is something very saucy about you, your mannerisms. your haughty looks and your dreamy voice. Even in the movies where you have to play a baddy.
  2. What horrid fashion we wore in 1991, trying to look all office like/casual./soccer mum We all ended up looking like somebodies 50 year old mother.
  3. I tried to watch this one before but can remember not watching it all the way through. Now I am really middle aged, I could sit and watch the whole thing and enjoy it. Its story of grief, grieving and finally finding a new life, a new way through.

4/5 - it was even worth missing Greys Anatomy to finish this dvd. I like Greys sometimes, but it all feels a bit high school at the moment. Real doctors and nurses have relationships with people outside of the workplace, and actually spend 95% of their time working, not gossiping. And usually Dr McDreamy, is McArrogant/ McCaughtUpInHisCareer/McMarried too.

PS - I don't know if anyone actually reads this blog. I am actually still reading a book, it's just it's a big one, a real doorstopper, and I am trudging through the last 300 pages so I can attack my book mountain.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

oh i'm so glad you found this one! one of my favourite movies ever, i absolutely adore it! and such a fine title too. and alan rickman, oh my, yes i could probably eat him up...:)