Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Hello February


Picture - source unknown
January feels like a lost month to me. What were meant to be hazy summer weekends were often cloudy and dull, which you think would translate to books and movies. However a nasty cold and lingering cough made me feel bad about giving germs to passers by and my concentration seemed to be affected too.
Instead lots of time was spent reading blogs and dreaming of a beautiful armoire, a new rug and new couch.
My promise to myself to stop reserving piles of books has not quite happened, although I have slowed down the numbers. It was getting out of control. I was picking up 6-8 books and dvds a week, and not having time to read them. I wonder how some bloggers manage to read 15-20 books a month, especially those with jobs and kids.
So here's to February - I hope the sunshine finally finds us. I could do with some reading out in the back garden.

No comments: