Monday, January 18, 2010

Express Cook


Holy Moly I love this cookbook. In fact, I love LOTs of cookbooks, but only to look at the pictures and imagine cooking the fabulous meals inside. Usually though they are full of meals with $100 worth of saffron and octopus eyes, all afordable on my slave salary.

This fabbie Australian cookbook though is for meals after work, using normal stuff like Chicken, pasta, vegetables and even sausages. It tells you how much prep time, cooking time is needed, what to do with leftovers, how to cook average stuff like chops and steak. Best of all, if you are kiwis it is now down from $72 at Whitcoulls to $30, so you can pick one up for you, and one for a friend. I bought a friend one, now we are bffs.

Of course, I haven't cooked anything from here yet, but I will. I'll go all Pioneer woman and let you know if the recipes work. At the moment though I am salivating over Chicken with Noodles and Basil, Pasta with Asparagus and Courgettes, and Apricot and Meringue Roulade.

Much as I love Jamie Oliver, and own 5 of his weighty tomes, I am afraid I have never attempted any fig and prosciutto salads, and Nigella, too much full cream for me.

So tonight, it'll be the chicken pea pasta and salad. I'm going to sit down and study my new book, and pick a recipe for next weekend. How exciting.

5/5 for the big cookbook - I LOVE it!!

No comments: