Saturday, December 26, 2009

Wuthering Heights Dvd


Wuthering Heights (2008)

You know, I do love a good classical novel adaption, and this one was done well. I thought it captured the Cathy/Heathcliff love/betrayal relationship well, with Heathcliff (Tom Hardy), being handsome and conflicted, while manipulating all around him. The directors and screen writers were able to find a good balance between portraying the passion of Heathcliff and Cathy, and the gothic drama of the way that their love eventually destroyed both their lives.

So I am going to have to give it a Christmas 4/5 for watchability. Television is only playing repeats of horrible comdramadies at the moment, and is not fit for watching. So hopefully when my call ends tomorrow morning and the cellphone is switched over to my boss, I can sneak out and watch some movies.

No comments: