Saturday, December 12, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife


The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)

I think it was last year I finally read the book, and enjoyed it but wasn't wowed by it. My hairdresser had said it was a great movie, and I would love it, and to take a couple of kleenex. The selling point was of course Eric Bana, as Henry the time traveling librarian.

He did an awesome job, of traveling back and forth through his life, although I was a bit put off by his accent, and the very bad wigs at the beginning of the movie. I guess the book, gives you much more time to adjust to the idea to take in the thought of Claires life moving in a straight line, and Henry jumping to and fro into the future, and back into the past.

Still in the time given them, I thought they did a good job. The only things were that the house, and the paddock looked completely different in my mind, but that's ok, I can forgive the director for having a different vision.

I think the girls will love it, and for them I give it a 3/5, the boys will see it as a chick flick.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

i thought the book was great, i have no interest whatsoever of seeing in turned into a movie. nope, will not go and see this and that's not only because i'm not a fan of eric bana. i like to keep the story in my head only, that's where remarkable books belong i think.