Monday, December 14, 2009

Rifling Through My Drawers - Clarissa Dickson Wright


Rifling Through My Drawers - Clarissa Dickson Wright (2009)

Clarissa Dickson Wright is one half of the two fat ladies, who cooked their way around England on their tv series. I never sat down and watched a full episode, but have seemed to have watched snippets of it, every so often.

She has written an earlier biography, which I haven't read, but I spied this one at Borders and thought it might be ok. Going from January through the months, she writes about touring around with her book, going to literary festivals, hunting, British produce and game, and is very anti the political correctness of the New Labour Britain that she inhabits.

She is also anti the anti hunting protesters and I did find a bit grating after a while, and although for country folk, it may be a bit of an interesting read, as a dedicated townie, I found myself a bit bored with all the rants against a modern life. 2/5

No comments: