Friday, November 27, 2009

Austenland - Shannon Hale


Austenland - Shannon Hale (2007)

Jane Hayes is a 30 something New Yorker, who has had 13 previous in her life, none of which matches up to either Colin Firth or to Mr Darcy. After a rich old aunty dies, Jane is left no money in the will, but instead has an all expenses paid trip to Pembrook Park, where she is immersed in Regency era manners, dresses, food and men.

It is a charming book, which to its merit is short and sweet, and I think I enjoyed the chapter headings the most, as each was devoted to one of her many boyfriends.

I am feeling an urge to immerse myself in all things Austen for a while, and with a cloudy weekend coming up may have to start Pride and Prejudice on the dvd, after I have finished my pile of rented ones from the library.

3/5

No comments: