Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Year of the Dog


Year of the Dog - dvd (2007)

Peggy is 40, and lives a quiet life with her dog Pencil. However, Pencil dies leaving a large hole in her life. Reaching out to try new things, Peggy readjusts her values, becomes a vegan, and involved with animal rights issues.

I picked this little dvd up from the library, and it was a nice surprise. With Molly Shannon, John C Reilly, and Peter Saarsgard I enjoyed it's little look at a little life. I am going to venture out and give it a 4/5. I liked that I didn't know where the movie was going, and how it was going to end. I much prefer this story of ordinary life, over any movie with car chases or guns.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

right, this definitely goes on my to see list (of movies told about by julie q)!