Sunday, October 11, 2009

Are you There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea


Are you There, Vodka? It's Me Chelsea - Chelsea Handler (2008)

I read somewhere that this was funny, so I picked it up and it was the right size to cart around in my handbag at the weekend while waiting for my friends. Some of it was funny, some bits made me chuckle out loud. I enjoyed the younger stories of living with her family and the chapter at the end about going on holidays with friends and her father. But, I always find it a bit sad when a girl is trying to act like a guy, retelling conquests and sexaul encounters and comes off as needy and slightly offensive. I guess she is a comedian, and she is really just retelling a series of long extended jokes.

Don't waste your money, get it from the library. 2/5

No comments: