Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sunshine Cleaning


Sunshine Cleaning (2008)

My friends recommended going to see Sunshine Cleaning while it was on at the movies. Luckily, today I got called into work at 4.30am and didn't finish til just before 8am. So the boss has to give me a 9 hour break, which means I didn't have to work at all!! Yippee. I was a bit tired, but as I didn't have the crazy hair, or smell homeless, I stayed on at work for a couple of hours as there was an education session.

Forty of us crammed into a little lecture room was a bit airless, so I escaped at 10:30 am and went to the movies!!! How luxurious - I felt very naughty.

So Sunshine Cleaning is about two sisters who after mishaps at work, decide to branch out on their own, and start doing bio hazard cleaning, cleaning up after deaths or suicides at homes.

Both Amy Adams and Emily Blunt were great in their roles, as single mom and slacker sister. I really liked their realistic characters, with normal clothes and crappy cars, and we can all understand catching up with all the girls from school and having them look down their nose at us because of what we do. Alan Arkin too did a good job of playing the father, especially at the end. That made me smile.

So I'm going to say 4/5 - its worth a look, and the ticket price. Although I couldn't believe the movie theatre charging $7 for a bag of m&ms, when they are only $4 at the supermarket.

No comments: