Friday, September 25, 2009

206 Bones - Kathy Reichs


206 Bones - Kathy Reichs (2009)

Kathy Reichs I believe, has gone down the path that many a good thriller writer has followed. They seem to lose the gift of a good story, and their main characters begin to follow predictable patterns. I can't deny that she is an author who knows her stuff, and with a job as forensic anthropologist, she gives Tempe Brennan an honesty, professionalism and perspective on work that many authors are unable to imagine.

I just found that this story was a bit muddled. There was no real intrigue, and the will they won't they get together with agent Ryan, is dragging on and on. Then the getting involved in the drama with the baddy ending is a sour note at the tail of the book.

I am afraid I can only scrape up a 2/5 for this new book.

2 comments:

Lezlie said...

I love Reichs' books, but I'm sooo ready for Tempe to get through a whole story without being kidnapped by the bad guy. Maybe two books in a row? :-)

Lezlie

Pia K said...

i read one of her books years ago, really so not my cup of tea in style and writing.