Tuesday, August 04, 2009

It Sucked and Then I Cried - Heather B. Armstrong


It Sucked and Then I Cried - Heather B. Armstrong (2009)

Heather Armstrong is the author of Dooce, the most famous blog of them all, you can find her here http://www.dooce.com/. Her book, honestly the funniest read I have read in a long long time. I love her blog, I think she is possibly the best writer out there, and after being bombarded at the movies and on television with so much manboy humour, it is great to hear from a chick, who loves her husband, loves her two children, tolerates the dogs and the rest of the family, and battles with depression.

However this is not a depressing book, as even in her darkest moments, she still finds something to laugh about. I had to stay up and read this in one go, I haven't done that in a while. But it was hard to put down, and the tele was rubbish. I think if only I could win Lotto, this book and all the next series of rescue Me on DVD, a few cocktails and a beautiful beach I would be sweet. 5/5

1 comment:

Pia K said...

Well, I'm one of those that's not much of a fan of dooce... She has her bright and insightful moments, but for me they aren't enough to keep reading. So no. I'm not the slightest bit interested in reading read the book. But I can relate to the great feeling when you think something deserves a 5/5!