Sunday, August 30, 2009

District 9


District 9 (2009)

Well, I guess I am not the intended audience for this movie. I think the 20-40 year old manboys, who love the sci-fi and their playstations may be more the target, rather than me and my posse.

I didn't know too much going in, except it was about aliens as refugees, and was set in South Africa, therefore making not too subtle references to apartheid.

I know coming out of the movies that there was a lot of blood, gore, violence, guns, aliens, loud volume. I closed my eyes 6 times and didn't watch and my friend had to block her ears for about 10 minutes. I also know now, that maybe Fame doesn't look too bad.

I'm sooo sorry, I know it is number one at the box office here, it got 5 star reveiews - but srsly, I can only rouse a 3/5. I know I like a bit of costume drama period pieces, and I do like to think that I am pretty open to anything - however I am thinking you are best to leave this one to the boys. And only go along with your fella, if you can take him to Young Victoria, or BrightStar.

No comments: