Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cleopatra's Daugher - Michelle Moran


Cleopatra's Daughter - Michelle Moran (2009)
Michelle Moran is gathering steam as a great historical fiction author. I had visited her website after finishing 'The Heretic Queen', I learnt that her new book was soon to be published and was about Cleopatras daugher. So I rushed to the local library site in March and now in August, I got to touch the virgin book (untouched by any others).

The story is compelling. After the death of Marc Anthony and Cleopatra by their own hands, their three children are captured in Alexandria, and taken to Rome to be paraded by their captors. Twins Selene and Alexander, are bought up by Caesars family, and are kept under their watchful eyes, least they escape back to Egypt.

I love the story, and the period, but I found I struggled a bit with the book. Taking a long time to finish it. This may be because I have had a busy time at work, and have not been sleeping well. Certainly worth a 3/5, and I will be waiting for the next novel.

No comments: