Monday, August 31, 2009

The Changeling


The Changeling (2008)

Actually, this may be the movie that changes my mind about Angelina Jolie. She was good in girl interrupted, but then seemed to do her little action flicks, and rubbish like Mr and Mrs Boring Smith. In this Clint Eastwood directed film, she is indeed the star of the show and has depth and real emotions, which I must say surprised me.

Christine Collins is a single mom, who has to leave her nine year old son alone, while she works a shift as a colleague is sick. When she returns home, Walter is gone. The police seem reluctant to assist her, and only appear when nine months later, they find a boy who says he is her son. She knows however, that it is not Walter, and is betrayed and ridiculed for not accepting him. Fighting for her rights, she is forced to take extrodinary measures to find out the truth.

Anyways she did good, and I enjoyed this little twenties period piece, where truth and justice are explored, without getting all shouty, sentimental and cliched. Bravo Mr Eastwood and Miss In need of some Carbs Jolie. 3/5

1 comment:

Hazra said...

My roommate has been telling me to watch this movie for a long time, but I never really got around to it. Seems like I should.