Monday, July 20, 2009

Seven Pounds - Dvd

Seven Pounds - Dvd (2008)
Another one of those dvds, where I remember the shorts for the movie being on tv and a wee bit of talk about reviews, but I deliberately avoided reading any more reviews or even reading the cover before watching. Sometimes it is nice to be surprised, to discover the story on your own.

I have to say that Will Smith is one of the view actors where I can believe he has become a character. You know how Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are kind of always just themselves, just in different outfits. You can sense that Will Smith thinks about how his character will walk, will interact with others, his hair and costumes will reflect something different.

Although a slow and serious character in this dvd, his Ben Thomas does find some joy unexpectedly by falling in love with Rosaria Dawsons character. I had heard that some folks were surprised by the ending, it wasn't what they expected, but I thought the ending was described right at the beginning of the movie and was exactly as planned. Except for the final five minutes of cheesy sentimentality. I am sorry, but eyes don't change colours like that, and surely a severe neurotoxin would give damage to other perfusing organs. So 2.5/5 from me.

No comments: