Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dead Tomorrow - Peter James

Dead Tomorrow - Peter James (2009)
I have only managed to read a couple of Peter James novels, this one and his last one Dead Mans Footsteps. He is consistantly very good, and although a long novel I wanted to keep reading and was not bored even though there were quite a few seperate thread to the story.

Roy Grace is Detective Superintendent in Brighton, and is looking into the discovery of bodys found in the English Channel, that have been dumped and appear to have their internal organs removed. Meanwhile Lynn Beckett is dealing with her 15 year old daughter Caitlin whose liver is failing.

Lots more characters make up this story, and I like his style of evenly spacing out the story, pacing it so the beginning and ending are equally as interesting. I am going to say 4/5.


By the way, this is the pile of books teetering on my nightstand waiting to be read. Luckily the weather is dismal, and bed is the cosiest place to be. So it will hopefully be early nights with a book and a cat, and I will get more of these read.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

ah, there's nothing quite like a book pile and the obligatory cat!