Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dead Trees


I was looking at some blogs today, and came across these beautiful trees used in a library in Crawley, UK . The post about them is called "A Library Full Of Dead Trees" . Text from literature within the library, are sandblasted onto oak trees giving them a gritty, touchable surface. Just beautiful, and a reminder of where all that paper comes from.

Where we live, when you walk around the waterfront harbour, there are large stones in unexplained places, with quotes on them. The quotes come from New Zealand authors who have written about Wellington. I must take some pictures, next time I am out and about.



1 comment:

Chavi said...

Wow! Those are awesome! Makes me want to touch them. Thanks for sharing. Oh by the way, I love your blog. You're an excellent source for reviews on books and movies (2 of my favorite past times!)