Saturday, March 14, 2009

Barefaced Lies and Boogie-Woogie Boasts - Jools Holland

Barefaced Lies and Boogie-Woogie Boasts - Jools Holland (2007)

After spending time (wasting time really), on youtube recently I was watching some clips featuring Jools Holland and his guests on his telly show, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVT-BokwmWY with Paul Weller and Amy Winehouse.



This always leads me onto searching the local library website to see what they hold on any likeable artists. So I found this biography of Jools Holland. A bit of a mountain of a book, I must be honest and say that I read the beginning part about his childhood, often the most interesting part of any biography. I then skipped sections in the middle about his early bands, and read the end part as he started describing his adventures in television.



Reading between the lines, I say that he skipped huge sections too. He didn't write much about Paula Yates, or dish too much gossip on any celebrities he wrote about. I am sure that is cause he is a nice, nice guy, and he wants to keep his job. Shame, I was looking for something juicy to stop the boredom. I mean I know he loved Paula, but she didn't just die because she was having too many sips of wine.



I couldn't help feeling I should have stopped at the first third of the book, and that I wasted the hours spent reading this tale. 1/5

No comments: