Friday, January 02, 2009

Yes Man

Yes Man (2008)
Seeing it was a craptastic day weather wise, I let my 12 year old niece choose the second movie of the day. Yes I was willing to spend half my salary on two movie tickets, twice in a row (only because we had a $2 bag of sweets with us).

She chose Yes Man, starring Jim Carrey. He's not my cup of tea, but the other actors rounded out the cast. Typically for a movie written by manboys, it started off funny, then tried in the last third to get serious, and missed the mark again. His character changes his perspective on the world, when he attends a YES conference, and decides to try saying yes to every opportunity offered to him. I must admit to chuckling, and even laughing in a couple of scenes, but it was not enough to save it.

I know it's number one at the box office, so I will match it with a 1/5. Truly, it was awful and highly predictable, I am sure lots of 9 year old boys will love it (you might have to cover their eyes in one early scene).

No comments: