Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nerfertiti

Nefertiti - Michelle Moran (2007)
I had read good reviews for the second book in the series, The Heretic Queen, that while on holiday and bored with my library book, I snuck into the bookshelves and liberated this one from the stack. Just finished it now, 10 minutes ago sitting in the hot late afternooon sun.

Nefertiti, a famous Egyptian queen was known for her beauty and for her rule of Egypt. This story is told by her sister, and explains her ambition and cunning that she used to first get the love of the pharoah, and then to keep him happy after giving him six daughters. I guess the age old themes of wanting to be rich and famous, have been around for a long, l0ng time.

Certainly an original and well researched historical novel, it was also easy reading and got me wanting to go to bed early to find out what had happened. So that will earn it a 4/5 from me.

No comments: