Sunday, December 28, 2008

Love in the Time of Cholera

Love in the Time of Cholera (2007)
Holidays from study give me a chance to catch up on all of those books and dvds that I have looked at during the year, but had to turn away from due to limited spare time. This Christmas I have had to work, but spare time in the evening and the worst television in the world (Shrek and Sound of Music repeats) mean I have been able to indulge in lying on the couch.

Love in the Time of Cholera is definitely beautiful to look at, set in Colombia around the turn of the 20Th century, and felt exotic and lush. I enjoyed the story, even though I have seen a few reviews that say it is a poor interpretation of the book, I would think it hard to take such a complex long tale and limit it to movie length. I sensed the infatuation of the two main characters, but never quite saw the love, so sorry it will only be a 2/5 today (still it beats Shrek anyday).

No comments: