Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Coraline - Neil Gaiman

Coraline - Neil Gaiman (2008)
This is a graphic novel of the book by Neil Gaiman, but the fantastic illustrations are by P. Craig Russell.

Coraline has moved with her parents, to a secluded and spooky house. Even with lots of exploring done Coralines main problem is she is bored. Seduced by the secret places in the house, she enters into a parallel house with strange inhabitants. Essentially the book is about Coralines journey back.

I can't say that I am a big fan of the fantasy genre, and the books I have tried to read of Neil Gaimans usually get put aside. Still the graphic novel was a quick and more entertaining way of reading for a change. I think this is meant to be a children's book, and my first thought was if I enjoyed it I would get it for Belle. Sorry hon, I thought it only was worth a 2/5 and not worthy of you.

1 comment:

Pia K said...

Have you read "Neverwhere" by Gaiman? That's a brilliant book! Other than that I'm not too fond of the fantasy genre either, with some exceptions.