Tuesday, September 02, 2008

American Gangster

American Gangster (2007)
I was drawn to this dvd after remembering the ads playing for it several months ago, and murmurings about the great performances. Certainly Denzel Washington as Harlem drug lord Frank Lucas and Russel Crowe as a clean cop were enough to entice me to want to watch this.

I did enjoy it, much more than many of the over hyped cop dramas such as The Departed and much of the rubbish that is put on television at the moment. The two leads certainly played convincing characters and I thought they did a good job of capturing a good seventies vibe. Subtle costumes and hairdos and my favourite thing in movies, using supporting characters that look like real people instead of looking like Barbie and Ken dolls. You know what I mean? CSI and rubbish like the Womens Murder club where everyone looks like they fell out of the same model mode.

Anyways I can only feel a 2/5 for this one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good good good......