Thursday, July 31, 2008

Piece of My Heart - Peter Robinson

Piece of My Heart - Peter Robinson (2006)

Well it appears that this English author has been around and published a fair body of work, so I feel a bit foolish starting with one of his latest novels. I had picked it up at the library several times and read the blurb about a young girl being found stabbed at a rock festival in 1969.

So the arrival of study notes is one sure way to make sure I need a novel on the go. I enjoyed most of the book, it dragged out like many a thriller/murder mystery does and could have have lost a good eighty pages on the way, but on the whole I liked the two story format where Chief Inspector Banks is investigating the murder of a London rock journalist. While I was having a shower one cold morning and thinking about the book, I figured out what was going to happen which was a bit annoying as I had only reached page 185.

Will I read more of his, well I think I will give them a try. However the study might have to come first for a while. 3/5 for this murder tale.

2 comments:

kirkmc said...

For more info about his books, check out his web site: http://www.inspectorbanks.com

Pia K said...

Not one of my favourite English crime writers, but still not too bad:) Though this was by far not the best of his books I think. Try "In a dry season" or "Strange affair" for example.