Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sex and the City

Sex and the City - (2008)

I guess I may have expected great things from this movie, and to be honest I think if they had put the four main characters in paper sacks and had them in a room wallpapering for 2 hours, it still would have been fun.

I was distracted though by the clothes, I felt they wore the girls and didn't seem like things anybody would choose, the strange Mexico clothes, the puffy crazy auntie duvet jackets, the acid colours and the hideous designer hand bags (I would have cried being given that horrendous LV monstrosity). The main distractions were Mirandas strange dangly earrings, the crazy walk in the park outfit (white long boots, fluoro green sweatshirt that AHA lost in 1989 with matching turquoise jacket). Carries green bird in her hair and hideous lippie for the dream wedding scene, puke. She also looked swamped in Mexico in big caftans designed for someone a foot taller and possibly 15 years older. I failed to see her look particularly hip. Samantha I thought looked awesome, but was a bit distracted by all of the shoulder pads. Charlotte, so demure and classy looked like a big cushion in the hideous polka dot maternity ensemble, oh my gosh what a crime making her look frumpy instead of fantastic.

How I missed those ladies though. I think the series (up til series six) was the most intelligent and funny show that has graced our airwaves. No matter what the outfits looked like, no matter how studly the men, it was always the girls and their friendship that outshone everything else.

I'm going to have to say it was a 3/5 for me. I'll still watch it again someday though.

No comments: