Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Call from the Other Side - Sue Nicholson

A Call from the Other Side - Sue Nicholson (2007)

Sue Nicholson is a psychic who lives in the same city as me. Originally born in the UK, this story tells mostly of her growing up in a family where she suffered from parents who were tough and often cruel. Her mother was depressed for most of Sues chilhood and her father a heavy drinker, with little support Sue had a tough time growing up .

After an abusive relationship in her teens, she met her soul mate Steve, and they emigrated to New Zealand and brought up their three girls. Sue had discovered her psychic ability as a girl, but it wasn't until her thirties that she moved into giving readings for people.

A couple of years ago, a New Zealand tv company was looking for someone to be on their new show "Sensing Murder" which uses a couple of psychics to help investigate murders of New Zealanders from the past couple of decades. I love this program, not only is what they show amazing but it has made me look into what I believe, and opened my eyes.

One of the saddest things in the book, I thought was that when she went home to help look after her dying mother, her father made her pay board to stay with them. Then they were both ungrateful for her coming to see them!

A nice quick read, it only took me a night I did like this book and made me admire Sue even more as a person. 4/5

No comments: