Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Sunday Treat


Dreamer - by Kelly Rae

I was walking home from a call-in to work and thinking I needed to write and tell of my love affair with ETSY. Somehow I discovered it about a year ago, and fell in love straight away. You see ETSY is where very talented folk from all around the world sell their wares, art and art supplies. I can't explain, but it has made me feel better about the world. I think like lots of woman out there, approaching 40 you are made to feel invisible. The advertisers are all 20-30 year old males, they don't want to sell their stuff to us, they don't know what we like and think that all we are worried about is aging.


ETSY sellers, who seem to be mostly female have shown me that there is fantastic art, jewellery and home ware available and that plenty of people are interested in the same stuff, you are not alone!! It has given me the courage to experiment, to try new things, to make new friends from the ETSY blog world and made my world seem sunnier.

So this is KELLY RAE ROBERTS. I dicovered her on ETSY quite quickly and loved watching her produce her beautiful pictures. She has a great blog http://www.kellyraeroberts.blogspot.com/ where she shows off her art and talks about her life with her husband, and life in California.




This beautiful picture is called Discovery. I am lucky enough to own the original picture. Occasionally Kelly Rae sells her original paintings and I am pleased to say this angel sits on my wall above my bed. I think she is watching over me!! As well as selling original art, she also sells more affordable prints of her work, so that everyone can enjoy them, an this week she anounced that she had just signed a deal which will see her work on calenders, cards and other items that will sell in stores soon (in the US at least).
Kelly Rae you are awesome!

1 comment:

Pia K said...

Oh I really have to look more thoroughly at the stuff sold at Etsy, these are gorgeous paintings! A friend of mine told me about it about a year ago, but I never got around really looking at the things there. Perhaps that's a good thing come to think of it... Um...