Sunday, December 02, 2007

1st Post


I have found a little place for me to write about the books I have read,the movies and dvds I have seen and other bits and pieces that interest me.


I hope you like my little blog header - the picture is of my dad, aunties and uncles all dressed up for a day at school, the boys are and oldest girl are in their school uniforms. They are standing in my grandparents back yard, and behind them is the primary school that my brother and I attended. My dad is the boy in the middle - the one with the skinny legs!

Silver Wattle - Belinda Alexandra (2007)


Klara and Adela are sisters who escape from Prague and their step-father, to an uncle in 1920s Australia. Adela becomes involved in the film industry and Belinda Alexandra writes about her family, life in the film business and loves. 3/5


I enjoy her writing and although easy to read, I enjoyed her two previous books more. White Gardenia and Wild Lavender are great favourites.

Vera Drake - DVD (2004)
Very moving dvd about Vera Drake, a cleaning woman in post war London. In order to 'help young girls' she goes to their homes and helps those girls who are in trouble. Most of the movie is the tale of Vera, her life and family. How different it must have been to be a female in the 1950s, without much money or choice. Imelda Stunton does an amazing job as the lead actress - it is worth watching for her performance alone. 4/5

Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Around Your Wrist said...

good for you for starting a blog that lets you write about what's interesting to you. it's important to do that. we need to pay attention to ourselves and each other!

toni
(every now and then i post to another blog that i started a few months back: www.akatoni.blogspot.com)